Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Capping gear during Oly match
Big Grin 
Hello everyone,

What do you think about gear being capped at max +6 during Oly match?

Imo, oly should be focused on player's skill and this method definitely delivers it.

Just wondering if this actually have a chance to pass here.

Cheers
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
If you writing / thinking about some script, application or any server side system which limits gear enchants at max +6 during oly games it can be good idea imo. This solution can check many pro players (in their opinion) skills on semi equal conditions. In that case oly matches should support skilled players better than nolifers.
What I meant exactly was reducing enchant rate on an item to max +6 when character is pulled to Oly match and reverting the change after match is over. Not disbanding Oly candidates with gear higher than +6.

This adds a lot of balance and boosts some weaker oly classes without affecting others negatively. Like mage has a higher chance to survive a blow from a dagger if not +10 and his a grade set is +3/4.

I've seen this work and is just great.

Nowadays hero's are made in groups, forcing good players that prefer to be alone to join clans to become hero. This is especially true if server was already online for several months.

Being hero should be about player's skill, not amount of enchants and gear he received from clan or characters made for CB.

IMO
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
(03-12-2019, 08:14 PM)Kieyra Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
What I meant exactly was reducing enchant rate on an item to max +6 when character is pulled to Oly match and reverting the change after match is over. Not disbanding Oly candidates with gear higher than +6.

This adds a lot of balance and boosts some weaker oly classes without affecting others negatively. Like mage has a higher chance to survive a blow from a dagger if not +10 and his a grade set is +3/4.

Nowadays hero's are made in groups, forcing good players that prefer to be alone to join clans to become hero. This is especially true if server was already online for several months.

Being hero should be about player's skill, not amount of enchants and gear he received from clan or characters made for CB.

IMO

There are things in the IL I would willing to change, but this is not one. Oly is about being the best one, which is not only about skills, but gear also. It wouldn't be fair against those people, who are ready to invest a lot of time to make OE-d oly gear, even if they are "not so pro skill".

There is no point comparing how mages do against daggers. Non-class based fights will never be balanced in L2, you will need much more custom changes not only OE-s.

I also don't see the point of giving support to solo players regarding oly. L2 is all about teamwork. Like you cannot give advantage to solo players in other aspects of the game (epics, siege) I don't think it would be neccessary to give them for oly.
(03-13-2019, 01:47 AM)Lulow Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:14 PM)Kieyra Wrote:

IMO

There are things in the IL I would willing to change, bt this is not one. Oly is about being the best one, which is not only about skills, but gear also. It wouldn't be fair against those people, who are ready to invest a lot of time to make OE-d oly gear even if they are "not so pro skill".

There is no point comparing how mages do against daggers. Non-class based fights there will never be balanced in L2, and even if you will need much more custom changes not only OE-s.

I also don't see the point of giving support to solo players regarding oly. L2 is all about teamwork. Like you cannot give advantage to solo players in other aspects of the game (epics, siege) I don't think it would be neccessary to give them for oly.
+1 
[Image: hahah.jpg]

DaFuzzyy  FeelsGoodMan  
There is no point comparing how mages do against daggers. Non-class based fights there will never be balanced in L2, and even if you will need much more custom changes not only OE-s.

This was only an example. I wanted to give an idea, that it's one of ways to add little more of balance on open.

Oly is about being the best one

Very difficult to agree with that. Oly is about profit and domination and to get there people do anything and everything. They will set up a bot in fog to run spoil all day long, even more pathetic examples are ones making 5 chars for CB. People even feed themselves on EEs! How the hell can you call yourself the best if you're playing the best oly farmer and still need to be fed? xd

Of course luck has to do a lot with that too - some will enchant their first weapon to +10 while other is trying to get +7 after 6 months of hardcore gaming. While +6 is easy and there is not much difference between +4 and 6, there is huuuuge between +7 and +10.

I understand my idea might not be too popular, but before denying it you should see it work, and it does work quite well.
No way.

It's like saying, forbid epics in Oly.
It's LMNOP not i-mnop!
No one is talking about removing any props from Oly. Calm down.
Everyone should play naked or not fair Sad
There is a patch for that!