Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atk. speed v skill casting
Quickly made video of atk. speed problem I've been describing before.

I really hope this is enough to gain the attention it needs Rolleyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=329-HF5waIk&feature=youtu.be

This great atk. speed guide is very handy to better understand the logic behind this:
http://www.l2dawn.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4648&highlight=skill+casting
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
so in other words,the phisical attack speed does not influence the phisical skill cast time.
This can turn out to be very unfair as a spellcaster (eg: spell howler) would cast hurricane much faster if having higher cast speed.
can you also test this on destroyers: frenzy + dagger and frenzy + 2H weapon ? (the cast times should be verydifferent: 0.5 sec to 1.0 seconds +/-)
Regards
Wanna jump on my ts tonight? I am not entirely sure what you expect, but I can help you test it.
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
Shady: That does seem pretty odd, are the skills even based off attack speed?

Yes, atk speed affects casting of skills but more in a way that depends on buffs which character is running, not atk speed it has. Like having haste(15% extra atk speed skill casting), bs(+4% ASSC) or rapid shot(+12% ASSC). So all these would increase the speed of casting skills by 31%, instead of grabbing values from ask speed character has. I hope I am not making this too confusing. It is very likely game reads it this way, cause feature I am speaking of was added in C6 and we know that today’s interlude’s are C4 ripoffs. Also, modified C6 might lack this feature being added completely.

Shady: Or are they based off the atk speed of the bow?

Yes, this was added in C6, along with all new skills like rapid fire, dead eye. Hinting on modified C4 that might lack code to support this method.

Shady: Does rapid fire/atk speed increase effect normal arrow speed?

Yes, it works fine. I’m planning to make more testing on regulars this evening to double check.

Shady: Does the SA quick recovery increase the skills speed at all? Or is the casting speed of the skills always the same?

I did not test that, will do today as well. QR should only increase reload speed of red bar when firing regulars and decrease skill re-use by the same value. For example Shyeed 17% or Soul 15%.
I have noticed that on many servers, archer skill cast speed does not scale consistently with the attack speed stat.
Now you say that some buffs influence the skill cast speed directly and not through the atk spd stat, this makes a lot of sense to me.
I have no idea how it is "supposed" to be on an interlude server though.
Interesting stuff for sure.
I've noticed this on almost every server I've played. When I play with archer, there is a certain point where Physical attack skills are not affect by Atk Spd anymore. Phyiscal attack skills seem to have a cap speed, because they are more deadly than normal magical skills if they land perfectly i.e - Deadly Blow, Stun etc.. I guess it is intentionally made like this for "balance".. Yeah, balance in L2.. LUL

Of course, that changed with Classic and newer chronicles. In Classic, the skills are more fluid and smooth with lower CD and you can literally spam them with no delay almost.
FeelsBadMan Wave
So, when I spoke about this issue in last 2 years, nobody believed me. Suddenly everyone is familiar with this problem.

FeelsGoodMan
Does Dead Eye and Rapid Fire affect cast speed of physical skills?
PR in your Video was under Dead Eye?
I suggest you either watch this vid in full or either turn sound on or both Big Grin

No, self buffs do not seem to affect skill casting.

Yes, he had, on 2 and 3 test.
So the bug is = Rapid Fire/Dead Eye doesn't affect stun shots and doubleshots?